CANTON FAIR SOURCING TRIP
April 20 - May 3, 2023
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP IN MARGARET RIVER, AUSTRALIA
February 25, 2023
Learn to PROFITABLY Bring Your Product From Concept To Retailer's Shelves.
- 1You MUST start with the right product. It should be unique, profitable, and have proven customer demand. You will learn product evaluation and use decision gates to increase probability of success
- 2Manufacturing should be at the best price while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines. You will learn how to source, how to negotiate, and how to manage your factory remotely. (Very important during covid-19 travel restrictions.)
- 3Packaging needs to be optimized for sales, maximum shelf impact, product protection, and warehouse efficiency. You will create compelling packaging and branding that speaks to the customer.
- 4You will learn 'Sell-To' and 'Sell-Through' marketing to build brand awareness, educate customers, and drive sales. You are in the big leagues - marketing is much more than targeted Facebook ads and building a mailing list.
- 5You will learn how to sell beyond online platforms to sell to in-store retailers from independents to big box stores. We'll show you how to build your own sales force, how to get in front of buyers, how to sell to US retailers when living halfway around the world, and we'll prepare you to handle logistics from ASN's to EDI connectivity. Doing it all with proven methodology.
You will learn everything about starting and building a product-based business. From identifying winning products to getting onto retail shelves. Over 90 hours of classwork in a small-sized class, filled with details you will not find anywhere else. No gimmicks, no hollow boasting. Real actionable information.
Hello, I'm Steven Selikoff.
I am a product guy. My products have been sold online, in catalogs, and in retailers. They have been featured by the Today Show, Forbes, Paris Vogue, Good Morning America, and even included in the gift bags at the Oscars.
I LOVE developing and selling products - and I would love to help YOU build and succeed with a product-based business that you too will love, and that will change your life as well.
The information you will learn in this program is different than any other course available.
$14,990 after January 31, 2023
This is a high-touch program providing a combination of online classes, videos, 1:1 coaching, and individualized attention while learning in a supportive family of fellow entrepreneurs.
12 month program (renewable)
We transform your FBA gig into a ‘change-your life’ and ‘put-your-kids-through-college’ full blown business.
FBA is a great start and provides a foundation of experience in product sales. But almost 9 out of 10 products are bought in stores (source: US dept of Commerce.)
The Concierge Program is high-touch guidance to help you transform from me-too products to highly differentiated products which can be sold in stores from specialty to big box.
Selling to retailers is easier and much more profitable (hint: No Amazon fees and no PPC) than selling on Amazon – but you must have the correct brand and product line. That’s the challenging part, so that’s where we come in. We are your personal coach through the entire transformation of your business and are there at your side every step of the journey
In the Concierge Program you learn three ways:
Over 90 hours of videos to build a foundational knowledgebase.
Weekly training sessions and guest discussions with industry leaders.
Direct support, attention, and guidance.
The Concierge Program is purposely kept small and there is family atmosphere that the entrepreneurs love.
- Additional Courseware not included in book
- Group classroom sessions (self paced)
- Over 90 hours of videos (self paced)
- Interviews and discussions with experts and industry leaders
- Case Studies
- Product Review and Evaluation
- Access to our networks of professionals
- Help with prototyping, design, negotiation, and sourcing
- Discounts on professional support services
If you are already familiar with the university course built upon my program, or with my book, the Concierge Program provides more in depth information and addresses many more topics than either. The masterclass also includes many more specific examples, and addresses hot-button issues and opportunities for your business.
I am here for you, at your side, as long as you need me. The program lasts 12 months and can be renewed for additional years for small fee.
If you got this point, you are definitely interested. So, let's discuss the real differentiator. You get Me.
Below is an excerpt from the actual answer I gave a new student recently when he asked what makes my program different:
I was up until 4AM getting a countertop display for retailers designed for [student], for his launch in 2 weeks. Designed it, did a visual mockup, found a supplier, negotiated with them, and got them started so that he can have samples in his hand when retailers come up to shop. During the middle of the night, I also got on the phone with [student], in the UK, to walk him through the order taking processes he’ll be using when he debuts at the same show. I talked to him about the expectations and the conversations he’ll have when he speaks with retailers. I have had thousands of those conversations myself, so we were able to adjust his talking points and remove some obstacles to the sale. Then I redid the background color on twelve images for him because he needs to get his catalog to the printer and his graphic designer wouldn’t be able to get to the job until after new year. Earlier in the evening [student] and I discussed some customer validation information she collected and how to protect her IP when she meets her supplier in person in January. This supplier changed his plans in order to meet with me and [student] while he is in the US at a trade show (where he will be meeting another student who is exhibiting their new product.)
What you are getting is me. I love my program and I am very proud of the incredible guests we have and the breadth and depth of the training I supply. There is absolutely nobody else who provides what my program does. But the real differentiator is me. I’ve been in your shoes. I’ve launched my own products, I’ve risked my own money, and I’ve sold on Amazon, Amazon Vendor, in Independent and Specialty Retailers, Catalogs, and in Big Box stores. There is no one else who has done this
More importantly, you get my commitment. I will do everything I can to make sure you don’t fail. That includes having honest but difficult conversations about not proceeding with your product if I feel your product will fail, or not be profitable. It means sitting down with [student] and suggesting things she can change on her product that do not increase cost but put her light years ahead of her competition both design wise and in functionality. It means finding and reviewing factories for [student] and [student] during my recent trip to India. It means joining my students on WeChat calls with suppliers to negotiate on their behalf.
This is a risky business. There are no guarantees of success. But I will be there next to you the whole time. Helping you and guiding you. It’s one of the reasons this program is so small. It’s how I visualized it and dreamed about it before I launched. I see myself as a country doctor, helping everyone in our community every way I can.
So, you get me. A business coach and right-hand man. All year long. That comes out to $733.33 per month for more experience and sound advice than you could get anywhere else. For any price.
When you pay the annual fee, it comes out to under $400/month over two years.
That’s a very low price…to get me.
If you are looking for personal guidance in building a product brand that sells to retailers as well as online, in a small group setting and with content unlike anything else online, then this is the program you want.
$299 after January 31, 2023
55 minute personalized 1:1 coaching session.
- Need help with one of the topics in the book?
- Do you want to know if you are ready for retail?
- Need a product assessment?
- Want to bring an invention to market?
- Have you been contacted by a retailer or distributor?
- Do you need better pricing?
Coaching sessions include Product Differentiation, Customer Validation, Sourcing From China, Negotiation, Managing Factories, Sales to Retailers, Remote Factory Management, Finding Unique Products, and much much more.
Learn from Industry Leaders
a small selection of the guests you will meet